Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Milwaukee New Years Conference 2009

Our New Years Conference was a success again this year. Many students were impacted by the gospel again. Here are a few quotes from different students about what they learned and how they saw their need for the gospel to change lives:
-"I realized that peoples' joy is at stake...I want to be on my knees in prayer for people more."
-"My hope is often in things of this world...God is breaking down my idols because He loves me."
-"It is amazing to me that so many people can get together for so long just to talk about Christ."
-"Self-motivation to minister doesn't help."
-"It is such a joy to see people worship, be transformed, and be built up to spread the gospel more on campus."

That is only a taste of all that God did. This is a picture of all of the Northwestern (NWC) students at conference.


A few of the guys (L to R: Mike O, David L, Josh W, and Levi). Mike O and Levi meet in discipleship groups with me. Josh plays on the NWC basketball team and has a vision to reach that team with the gospel along with Levi. This was his first major CO event.


Northwestern girls at the conference. There is a good mix of seniors to freshmen in this picture. A lot of the younger girls were at conference because of the ministry of our older students.


David and Sam. Sam became a Christian a year ago and transferred to Northwestern. It has been fun to watch him grow in his walk with God through our ministry some this year.


This is Callie after my seminar talk. She "attended" the seminar by running around in the hallway outside the room, so Jennifer could hear my seminar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Jennifer Brooks said...

thanks, Anonymous. I obviously dont know who you are or how long you have been reading our blog, but thank you.