Monday, January 18, 2010

Fun on the Ice

Last week we had fun in the snow, this week we had some fun on the ice. I got some hockey skates last week so I can begin playing hockey with some of the students here. We took Callie to the park last week for me to try them out. Jennifer was a little nervous with me skating around with Callie, but there were no close calls at all.

I pulled her in her sled on the ice and she seemed to have a pretty good time.

We think we may have pushed our luck a little bit by keeping her out there about 20 minutes instead of the usual 15. She cried on her sled ride back to the house, so Jennifer had to hold her in her arms. It has been fun to play with her outside in the Winter. We are thankful for this warmer weather.

3 comments:

Drew Henley said...

Charlie, you going to teach Callie the Flying V?

Charlie said...

I didn't know you could skate. You look like a natural in the pix. We just played tennis -- Mom had a game and I picked up one. 60 degrees and sunny. Mom played in a recording studio last night-- she laid down some fiddle tracks for a singer. The band Zack Brown was in the same studio. I didn't know them but they are big time.

Jennifer Brooks said...

Drew, you know Mighty Ducks was filmed in Minneapolis, so of course I will teach her the flying V to get in touch with her "roots"?