Monday, July 15, 2013

Cow Appreciation and Blueberry Picking


This past week we were basically adjusting to our new "normal." By that, I mean that Charlie was getting used to being at work full time while the kids and I were getting used to not seeing Daddy til late afternoon. All in all it was a good week. Here's Coleman at Richard's five and dime store riding the horse.

my two little cows dressed up for chick-fil-a. For those who don't know, Chick-fil-a gives away free meals to anyone dressed like a cow on Cow Appreciation Day (this past friday). We had heard that lunch could get pretty crazy with the lines and all. We decided to enjoy 3 free breakfast meals.

And, we went blueberry picking this past Saturday. I have been wanting to do this all summer. I don't know why I get such a kick out of picking fruit. I think I just like farms and I like the kids learning where food comes from. Callie and Coleman had a blast. We hit a rough patch in the middle of our time though. Coleman had eaten way more than his fair share of blueberries and we had to cut him off. Needless to say (b/c our boy LOVES his food) that did not go over so well. However we persevered and eventually he learned we weren't giving in and he started putting his blueberries in the bucket. It was a great little farm in forysth county. It was only their 2nd year, hence the fact that the blueberry bushes are so small. Their blueberries are 100% organic, so it's nice to know you aren't eating chemicals when you eat them off the bush.

No comments: