Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thankfulness

I apologize in advance that this post contains no new Callie pictures. There will be more of those to come for sure. Charlie is really the blogger in our family, but I have been wanting to blog a little more myself. I thought the best place to start would be a blog about how thankful I am. At church today we celebrated the sanctity of life. We watched an amazing video showing babies developing in the womb and then being born. It was so touching. The song playing in the background was "I'm holding a miracle." Charlie had Callie next to him in her carseat and she was holding his finger through the whole thing. Needless to say we were both choked up. So, I am thankful to God, because just a year ago we watched a similar video for "sanctity of life" sunday. I cried through that one because I wanted a baby and didn't have one. This year they weren't tears of longing but tears of thankfulness. And, not that my life is all bliss now that I have a child. It's not. In fact, these have been some of the hardest weeks of my life. And, I am more and more convinced that nothing in this world will satisfy us like knowing Jesus will...not a husband, or a child, or anything. Finally, last but not least, I can't talk about thankfulness and not mention how thankful I am for my husband. I have never, never loved, needed, appreciated, leaned on, Charlie as much as I have this past month. He has been such an incredible gift and God has loved me through him in so many ways. I could not do this parenting thing without him. He is an incredibly supportive husband and already a great father. I love him so much. I have been wanting to blog about this for some time, so thanks for reading.
Here is the video they showed at church

2 comments:

Lucy said...

great post! loved hearing from your heart...

Elizabeth Brooks said...

Wow! The tears of thankfulness are pouring out down here on Arden Road. What a great video and such a precious picture of y'all in church that day with Callie holding Charlie's finger! Love, Mom