Friday, July 04, 2014

Spartanburg and Beach Trip


The kids and I just returned from a trip to Spartanburg and then to Myrtle Beach with my family. We had a great time. It was nice to have a few days in Spartanburg before heading to the beach. We got to visit with Greatmama multiple times (I forgot to take pics). Also, Jane took the kids and I to Chuck E. Cheese (fogot to take pics there as well). It was a treat visiting family. I love that Gami's house feels private enough to run around the yard in your underwear (well at least for those 5 and under)

The kids with Mr. Turtle. I found him on my walk one morning and brought him home to show the kids.

What a wonderful treat is was to see Minnesota friends! Maddux and Sophie were visiting family nearby. We had to have a play date. The girls pretty much picked up where they left off. It was a really sweet visit.

After Spartanburg, we headed to the beach for a week. The first half of the week was spent with my sister and aunts. At midweek my aunts left and Gami and Papa Phil came. All in all it was a great week. The weather was really good. I got to see Kaye and her boys. The place we stayed was nice (although unfortunately for this pregnant body, it was up 4 flights of stairs). The only low point was when my car broke down. But, with the help of some family friends, we quickly got it to a shop and fixed. Enjoy the beach pics. Thank you Aunt Laura for bringing your nice camera.

I will leave you all with a couple "Callie originals." She enjoyed bringing her camera to the beach and taking her own pictures.

1 comment:

Nancy Hansen said...

These pictures are great. So nice to see you guys enjoying family time! The kids are so cute and can't wait to see who the new baby will look like. Hugs from Harvey and Nancy