Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mini Vacay!


Charlie was able to take a couple days off of work this past week. We headed to South Carolina (still amazing that I can do things like go to south carolina for a weekend now that we're back south!). Anyway, my mother kept the kids for a couple of days so that Charlie and I could enjoy some time away. This was the first time in over 2 YEARS since we had been away from the kids! Some friends of ours were gracious enough to let us use their gorgeous lake house on Lake Keowee. This was the view from our massive back porch!

This a picture of Charlie and I at nearby Lake Joccasse. It is my favorite lake because of how crystal clear the water is. Notice how you can barely tell the rocks are under water because it is so clear.

After our wonderful time away, we went to Clinton, SC home of Presbyterian College (where I went to school). It was homecoming/our 10 year reunion. We got to visit with friends we hadn't seen in a while. We also got to host our dear friend Melissa the evening before. She had come back for homecoming as well.

Kaye's kids and mine tailgating! (left to right.. Hayes, Jackson, Callie, Coleman)

Kaye, Moj, and myself

Here's a little snapshot of the kids' time with Gami while we were away. They had a blast going to McDonalds and Chuck E. Cheese (for the first time, I might add). Thank you Gami for making this trip possible!

No comments: